Q: How much colostrum should you feed your calf?
A: Colostrum intake should = 15% body weight
- 10% of its body weight in the first hour of life.
- 5% more 8-10 hours later.
Every newborn calf represents an opportunity for you to improve your herd’s production and health. The most influential, cost-effective way to accomplish this is to ensure she receives the correct volume of high quality, pathogen-free colostrum within the first hour of her life.
Perfect Udder® Colostrum Management Bags are the solution for handling colostrum, from harvest to feeding, without the fear of re-contamination.
They are available in three, dose-specific volumes.
- 4 Liters for calves over 66lbs/30kg
- 3 Liters for calves under 66lbs/30kg
- 2 Liters for the Second Feeding